Saturday 1 November 2008

1st November 2008



"Woke up this morning you were on my mind" - Om a hung bendzra guru pema siddhi hung.
Seems that some practice is taking root, as my Lamas tell me!

Launched into morning practice a mixture of yogic song and silent sitting, until my scalded right hand (the filling of last nights hot water bottle) made its need of cool clear water abundantly clear.

The freezer seems to be working when it wants to, currently it is sulking, so it is fish in cheese sauce on toast for breakfast. Tasted delicious must remember to have it again some time in the future.

Decided it was about time I entered Blogland, but what to write about as I am no big shakes at anything, however my Buddhist practice permeates through everything I do. Twenty four hours a day! So I thought it would be useful for me to record some baseline observations (that's my Nursing background coming out!) so as to see more clearly where I am and to see how life develops. Possibly someone else might find my self- obsessed ramblings useful or entertaining or a cure for insomnia!

Walkies with the dog around a forestry plantation ensued amidst gloriously bright sunshine chilled by a North easterly breeze that made the browns and reds and golds of autumn sing like summer rain! Mid-day and a Raven krawk krawked as it announced its entrance from the North-west an Omen of an important reversal of positions and / or communications with relatives. We shall see how the portents manifest in life's dance.

Back for a stir fried lunch of breaded prawns, garlic and ginger, perhaps the freezer should sulk more often!

Unable to use my hand much today so indulged with an afternoon episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Where Xander stands up Anya at the Altar. Found myself getting annoyed with Xander for chickening out over what might be! Grasping for certainty in an uncertain world, but then don't we all! So I guess I just got annoyed with myself in the Xander shaped mirror.

Time for a quick burst of practice with Rolmo (Wrathful Cymbals) and Drums to get rid of the torpor of so much sitting around staring at a computer screen. Before its time to visit the neighbours and their two kids. On the way two crows alighted on the road to the North of me and started clowning around. Indicating an auspicious change in circumstances at this time of day and success by their behaviour. Perhaps this means I shall soon get planning permission on a building plot? Or perhaps its to do with my forthcoming date with P tomorrow? Both of which could be an "important reversal of positions ." Again we shall see what transpires. Hope is a dangerously painful thing that seems to take one away from the reality of as it is, into a world of as it may be. Just like Xander!!!

Back from games of hangman with E who is becoming English/Welsh bilingual and as a consequence mixes and matches the alphabets of both - a delightful trait that I'm afraid she will soon (nearly wrote swn- must be catching!) grow out of.

Walking the dog at dusk is a magical experience for me. The sky, the quality of the light and a sense of descending peace seem to combine to allow a spontaneous presence, without comment to naturally arise. Even if, as with tonight, the local colony of jackdaws seem to have lots of exciting news to pass on before they can settle down for the night. Might be trouble brewing there noticed a bunch of rooks circling over their colony earlier today.

Supper time and its butterfly prawns in a butter sauce, with beer battered chips and thawed frozen vegetables, followed by slime green tarts and cream (left over from Halloween) with special thoughts and a small offering to the Hungry ghosts after the usual offering of gratitude and joy to everyone and everything everywhere for making such a feast possible. May they all realise their natural state.

Time to relax again so put on Matrix Reloaded. I had forgotten how action packed it is. Seemed to resonate with the Oracle and how you can't see past the choices you don't understand. Then with underlying themes of destiny, freewill and interdependence. Wonder what choices I am not seeing?

Well, its off to do some more Silent sitting before settling down to a night of attempted Dream Yoga.

Pleasant dreams

No comments: